This article describes the process of porting your existing numbers with another service provider to VoIPline Telecom.
- Log into the customer portal, customer.voipline.net.au
- Click on the Porting tab up the top
- Select Australia or Other Countries from the first drop down box
- If you are porting a 1300 or 1800 number select 1300/1800 Numbers, to port a landline number select Local Numbers.
- Upload a softcopy of your latest bill from your current supplier to assist the porting authority to determine the type of services in the request.
- Complete the details in the Number Porting Application form as per your bill, note a physical address is required with the request for emergency call purposes, the port will be rejected if a PO Box is supplied.
- For a CAT A request put the number to port in the number to be ported section and your preferred cut over day. For a CAT C request you can add multiple numbers to the one request, up to 100. These can be in a range of numbers or single numbers not in a range. Change the drop down box to CAT C and then enter the first number, or the single number on the left and the last number in the range or repeat the same number in case of a single number CAT C on the right hand side for each number you require to port.
- Please read the Porting Authorization and the pricing details, if you agree to these terms click the tick box to agree to porting term & conditions and then type your full name.
- Once the form is completed you can click the green Submit Application to submit your request to VoIPline